PropaneDB is a document database for Protocol Buffer messages with GRPC interface.
It is ideal for GRPC microservices:
- Use the messages defined in the proto file both for communication and storage: a single source of truth
- Can be used with any programming language that is supported by GRPC
- Store Protobuf objects in serialized form (google.protobuf.Any) in a database
- Retrieve those objects using their UUID
- Delete objects based on their UUID
- Search function based on the fields of the Protobuf objects
- Support multiple databases per instance
- Storage engine is RocksDB.
- Interface is based on GRPC
- Deployment using Docker containers